BTN story for comment by 5/6s

Hello 5/6s, considering that reconciliation week was last week we feel that this story on indigenous heroes is the perfect story from BTN for you to comment on this week. Please make sure that you remember to post a comment on this post by next Monday.

34 thoughts on “BTN story for comment by 5/6s

1. I think this is a very effective BTN story because it explains indigenous people who are not remembered for there good work in war

2. Those girls put in so much effort! I personally think this is a fantastic way to publish something in our history, that pretty much says why we are here. I am still surprise on what you can do with such a important time in our lives and present it that way. No wonder everyone was thanking them! 🙂

• I agree with Angie! It’s great to see girls get so intrigued into our history and put in the time and effort to create a book. Well done girls! 🙂

• I definettly agree with Angie (5/6I) The girl that are in this video put lots of effort and time making this book and it really shows what hard work can do. It is wonderful to see student using there time to go and see ceremonies held by aboriginal people as well. I find it amazing that the girls created such a fantastic book and by the looks of it, it looks very informative. I also think that it is amazing that the students in the BTN clip found ancestors of Bradley Mainud that he didn’t even now about!!! I think this was a very effective video that tells us all to be kind and caring to each other.

• I agree with Angie they did put a lot of effort in there work and they deserved to be thanked.I’m surprised that they found out about family members of people who fought in war and those people didn’t know who they were.

• Yeah, I agree. Those girls did so much work and put in hours and hours of effort. Well done girls!

• Also, they are also so committed in learning and studying about Indigenous Australian war veterans.

• I agree with Angie they put a lot of effort into it and it good to see people recognise indigenous veterans

3. I think its sad how Bradley Mainud did not know all his family members and I think its not fair how we didn’t recognize the people for what they did.

4. I think that what those group of girls did was excellent. It showed that they really care about this and that they want to help. They helped people like Bradley Mainud find there ancestors and learn more about themselves.

• I agree with Georgia about how she said the girls really showed determination by caring about what they want to help.❤️💛💚💙💜💖

• I agree with Georgia, what those girls did was wonderful. They showed care and compassion and were willing to help Bradley. What a wonderful achievement! I hope they will continue this

• I also agree with Georgia and it was great how those girls had the initiative to make a book about all the Aboriginal Heros.

5. What those girls did was great to know what it is like to be a aboriginal and to research it aswell

6. I thought it was great that those girls did that. They helped build a picture of peoples families history. They also helped Bradley Mainud discover family members that he didn’t even know about!? Well done to all of those girls:)

• I agree with Sienna I think that it is wonderful how these girls wrote and published a book about indigenous people who fort in the war. I also think they are very lucky getting to go to that special ceremony.

7. I think that it is really good that these girls did this project and that we should all be grateful of what the aboriginals work has done for us and not that many people think about them, most people do think about the Australian solders and yeah you should think about them but people should still think about the aboriginals too.

8. Isn’t it wonderful what these children did!! I’m so happy that these amazing men have finally been recognised. I find it terribly unfair that these Aboriginal men were not treated the same way as everyone else. This is a great way to celebrate Reconciliation week. My hat goes off to these girls. Well done 👍🏻

9. Wow what researchers!!! Those girls put in so much effort to find out that information and you never know when you research you can sometimes find out valuable information. I really give the girls a big compliment.

10. I think it’s wonderful that people have done this to remember the Aboriginal soldiers that have fought for this country. Sometimes people forget that Aboriginals are the real owners of this land and some people might have not known that Aboriginals have fought for us so it’s great to know that people are doing this to remember them.😏

11. The girls put HEAPS of effort to recognise the leaders and fighters that were aborigianal. Personally, I think that would have been a great opportunity to learn about those people that never got their chance to be recognised. 😊

12. Wow! I think it’s amazing what these girls are doing! They are helping others, but learning things themselves. I think this is really taking action, by recognizing something that isn’t quite right, and fixing it. I learnt that, Leonard Waters was the first Indigenous man accepted into Royal Australian Air Force. Great job girls! You have opened up many eyes!

• I agree with Indi. It’s truly inspiring what they did, because those girls really acknowleged some of the Indigeous soldiers who weren’t known that well. I hope that someone else does another book of other Aboriginal Soldiers.

13. I think that it is great that the Aboriginal soldiers are getting recognised for what they have done for Australia. And like how that woman said, these girls are our future leaders. We all are Australia’s future leaders and we need to be aware of what happened in the past and whats happening in the present. These girls did an amazing job of informing us about aboriginal soldiers and of helping out in their community.

14. Wow! These girls have worked so hard to create such an amazing book. It was great that they focused their book on the Aboriginal soilders. Aboriginal soilders should definitely be recanized more for the soliders how fought for our country.

• I agree with Isla. These girls worked so hard to make this amazing book! I loved how the book was about the aboriginal solderers. Aboriginal solderers still fought and they risked there life to save our country so they should be recognised more for the amazing work they did.

15. I think it’s amazing how much effort and time these girls put into this book. They were very determined and they also showed a lot of respect to the indigenous culture.

16. I think those girls have done a great job interviewing the family of indigenous Australians who have fought in war to protect our country. We should remember their courge and bravery. I wish I could read that book! 🙂

17. I think it is great how this story showed us how we should respect and honour the first people that came to Australia.I also think that this story shows that we are all equal and all should except and love each other.I also think that it was amazing how the Aboriginal family fought in war to save Australia.We are all one nation and we should all remember that no one is better or lesser then you.

18. I think that it’s good how people are recognising the Aboriginal people for their service the the war.
    I think the girls did a great job making the book because they put so much time and effort in to make it. I hope soon everyone will realise how important it is to recognise the indigenous people.

19. I think those girls did a great job on making that book I think that they will help kids to realize that how lucky we are because they fought for our country to keep it safe for us to live in.

20. Its pretty cool that they actually publish the book then reading it. It would be cool interviewing and researching. And its a student voice too. They got to write a book telling about the different Aboriginal soldiers and what they are like. They put a lot of commitment too I can tell. C: