24 thoughts on “Behind The News

1. I think they should not all be banned from play Olympic games, because some of them didn’t take drugs and they worked hard to play Olympics.

• I agree with kathryn because not all the athletes should be banned it is very had to work for the olympics and then all they are banned for something that didn’t do that’s so an far for the who didn’t take drugs.

2. I think that every single athlete should be tested for drugs by somebody from another country. This is so nobody takes performance enhancing drugs and that the people testing aren’t biased.

3. In my opinion I think only the people who were taking drugs should not be allowed to compete in the olympics because everyone who didn’t do something wrong trained hard to be in Rio and it’s not fair on them.

• I agree with lanah. The people that trained hard and did nothing wrong should be able to compete at the Olympics, but I really don’t mind if they all don’t go because there’s a better chance that we could win gold!

4. Yes I think they should be banned because some people are saying that they haven’t taken any drugs but how do we know their not lying. I mean it would a long time to test all the Russian athletes. Plus that gives Australia a better chance to get a gold medal. πŸ™‚

5. In my opinion I think that not all Russian athletes should be banned from the olympics, because not all of them are doing the wrong thing. I think, that it is not fair because all of that talent and passion goes to waste. I’m really curious to see what happens? Whether the Russian’s get to compete in the olympics or not?

6. I don’t think ALL Russian Olympians should be banned. Just the one’s that took drugs should be banned until they have learnt their LESSON.
    The Russian Olympians have no right to take drugs because it is cheating and that is not fair for all the other players that are trying their hardest to win a medal.
    πŸ™‚ πŸ™

• Yes I agree, that’s the price you need to pay for having over 50% of your professional athletes who qualified to Rio and Sochi fail drug tests. I think WADA and IOC and the sporting committees should of banned all Russians from competing at the Olympic Games this year.

7. I believe that not all Russian Athletes sound be banned from the 2016 Olympics. Not all athletes have done the bad thing and shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences. But It would be very difficult for the Olympic Committee to find out which athletes had been taking drugs.

8. I think that it is fair to ban the athletes who did cheat, but I think that it is unfair to ban the whole country because some athletes didn’t cheat and trained for almost their whole lives for the Olympics.

9. Once again I have mixed opinions about this topic! I definitely agree with Hayden 100%. I believe that the athletes that cheated should be banned from the Olympics. I also think that the athletes who did not do anything should not be punished. This is a hard topic….what do you think?

10. In my opinion, I think that only the the athletes who took drugs should be banned. If they punish the athletes who didn’t do anything, they have be training for NOTHING! Let’s say that it was someone’s birthday in class. They brought in yummy cupcakes. But ONE person in the class doesn’t like cupcakes, so that person tosses all the cupcakes in the bin. See? Because of ONE person, everyone else missed out. In my eyes, that’s what is happening now, just in a much bigger way!

11. I think that they should only band the Russian athletes that broke the rules not the ones who did nothing wrong. It’s really unfair on those who didn’t break the rules, but I think that they should band the ones that took the drugs and broke the rules.

12. The athletes that haven’t taken anything should not be banned from the Olympics because they have trained for many years and made the right choices. I agree that the athletes that have taken drugs should be banned because they are cheating.

13. I think that only the ones that took drugs should be banned and the ones who did the right thing should be able to go to the Olympics and compete in the games. I don’t think that it is fair the the ones who did the right thing should be banned because they did nothing wrong and they have trained really hard so they should compete

14. I believe that they should not cause the ones that did not did nothing wrong and trained hard and worked for what they archived.However the ones that did should 100% be banned cause I think it will teach others that it is not ok to cheat and we need good role models.πŸ˜€βœŒπŸΎοΈ

15. I think that only SOME Russian athletes should be banned from going to the Olympics but no all athletes. I think it’s totally unfair that some Russian athletes are banned from going to the Olympics, because they didn’t take any drugs or cheated in any shape or form. But on the other hand it would probably be hard for the scientists or people to work out who’s taking drugs and who’s not, but I still think that the Russian athletes and their Prime Minister should have a say in what they are doing.

16. I believe that it is unfair to ban all Russian athletes from the Olympics. Some Russian athletes have worked so hard to be good at that sport. They don’t deserve to be punished for something that they didn’t do. I also think that the athletes that did use the performance enhancing drugs should be punished and not be able to compete at the 2016 Olympic games.

17. I think it’s good that they’re not letting them compet in the olympics any longer, but I don’t think it’s fair to descolifi the people that did nothing wrong. I also think that like what that last boy said in the video that it’s a good chance for Australia because Russia are very competitive and are vear likley to win. πŸ™‚

18. I do believe that all Russians should be banned from the Olympics. I am just surprised that they had to become more advanced than everyone else and cheat! Sure, the Olympics can be quite competitive but in the end it is always just for a great game. So yes, they should be banned from the 2016 Rio Olympics.

19. I think that only the athletes that took the drugs should be band and the other athletes can compete but maby under a different flag so it’s fair because they trained so hard.