SCB – the team for you and me

FullSizeRender (36) Today we were represented at the DIVISION round robin day by these fine footballers and coaches. There were 4 coaches and players from grades 5 and 6. We played against teams that had won their district from all over the eastern region and we can be very proud of our efforts and the way our team represented us with determination, persistence and great teamwork. Being a good sport was high on our list of priorities.

IMG_6059 (2)Our dedicated coaches lead by Kayden were fantastic in helping our girls play their best at all times. However, they did not tell me where the potato cakes came from!

FullSizeRender (40)Our players were thankful for playing conditions that provided all of the important ingredients – sunshine (note the coloured zinc),  very little wind and plenty of MUD!!!

FullSizeRender (38)FullSizeRender (37)

At the end of the day – all our players had a positive experience of AFL footy.

There were many standout performances throughout the three games. Kayden awarded his three encouragement medals to Isla, Holly and Lani. We certainly think they have a promising future if they want to continue playing AFL.

Personally, I was so proud of all our coaches – Jake, Zac, Daniel and Kayden. They were so supportive, encouraging and patient. It’s a great example of our supportive and caring culture at St. Charles. I’m also thrilled that we had so many keen year 5 players so the future looks very bright for 2017.

2 thoughts on “SCB – the team for you and me

1. Well done to all girls that got into division.
    As I can see all of you loved tackling.
    You are the best players I have ever noticed in my life, I’m serious.
    Even though you didn’t win you still represented our school so well that you should be called the champs of St.Charles.
    Good, thanks to Kayden and all the boys who helped that gel’s to be amazing.
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂