Hi my name is Anthony,
This week I am your junior chef. I made Chocolate muffins topped with Popping Candy. I hope you enjoy my creation!
- 12-hole muffin tin
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- 3/4 cup of plain flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cups of caster sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 80 g of butter
- 1/2 a cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- Popping Candy
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 3/4 cups of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 160c. Prepare 12 hole muffin trays or 24 hole mini muffin trays.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Make a small well in the middle of the bowl and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Beat on low speed with electric mixer until just combined.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl on medium speed for a for 2 mins.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture into 12 muffin trays until holes are half full. Heaped teaspoon of mixture for mini muffins.
- Place into oven for 15-18 minutes for 12 hole muffin pan or 10-12 minutes for a mini muffin pan.
- Cool on wire rack for five minutes.
- Combine the icing sugar, cocoa powder and mix
- Add butter and mix well
- Add milk until you have the right consistency
- Place on top of your cupcakes
- Add your popping Candy
The last step… ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!