Junior Chef

Hi, my name is Alessia and I’m this week’s “Junior Chef”.

This week I’m making Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I hope you all enjoy this great recipe.

Ingredients: 

• 8 tablespoon of  salted butter
  • ½ cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour + additional flour as needed (I usually add 1-2 tablespoons more!)
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup chocolate chips
  • 12 heaping teaspoons Nutella

Instructions 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Spoon about 12 heaping teaspoons (you only need 10, but do 12 in the case of a mistake!) of Nutella into balls and place them on the parchment paper. Place your sheet into the freezer. (I like to freeze mine overnight!)
  3. Microwave butter for about 40 seconds, until it’s just barely melted.
  4. In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
  5. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for about 10-15 seconds, until the egg is just incorporated.
  6. Slowly add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until dough crumbles form. (Add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is dry enough to work with!) Add the chocolate chips and use your hands to incorporate them into the dough.
  7. Take your sheet of frozen Nutella out of the freezer.
  8. Divide the dough into 7 large balls (leave a little bit of dough in the bowl), then flatten each ball, leaving a slight indent in the middle of each. Place a Nutella ball into the indent. Mold the rest of the ball to cover the Nutella and use excess dough to fill in any gaps.
  9. Place your sheet into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill the cookies before baking.
  10. Bake for about 9-11 minutes, until they look puffy and just about done. They will firm up as they cool.

2 thoughts on “Junior Chef