Hi, everyone! My name is Isla and I am this week’s “Junior Scientist“. For my science experiment, I decided to do something involving balloons. I call it “Amazing Inflation!” Make sure you ask for your parent’s permission before att.empting this.
- Baking Soda
- Pour vinegar into your bottle/container until it is approximately half of the way full
- Stretch the top of the balloon.
- Using a funnel put 1 and a half teaspoons of baking soda into the balloon.
- Stretch the balloon with the baking soda over the top of the bottle/container with the vinegar in it.
- Lift the balloon up so all of the baking soda is tipped into the bottle/container for the full chemical reaction.
- Slowly the balloon will start inflating.