Hi, Everyone! My name is Sarina and I am this week’s Junior Scientist. For my science experiment, I decided to do something to do with paper. I call it The Water Glass Magic. Make sure to have a parent supervising you before doing this experiment because it can get very messy.
- A glass cup
- A Cardboard paper that covers the top of your cup.
- A bucket or a container.
- To begin your experiment take an empty glass and fill it half way. It is important to fill it exactly half way.
- Take your cardboard paper and place it on top of your glass. Completely cover the top.
- Carefully pick up the glass and put your container right underneath the cup you are holding.
- Then gently place your hand on top of the paper, then turn it over and remove your hand and see what happens.
The experiment appears to define gravity. The paper will fall eventually but the reason for this is the pressure outside the glass is greater than the pressure inside the glass. Which holds the cardboard and prevents the water from falling out.