46 thoughts on “BTN – Launching an Aussie Space Agency (Why now?)

1. I think it is really good that we have our own space agency so we don’t have to rely on the other countries to send our people to space to I also like the name it is really good!!!

2. i think it would be amazing sending our on Aussienorts to space how cool would that be just think about it having our on space agency even my sister says she wants to be a Astronaut one day

3. I think it is very good that Australia is launching a space agency because we are now able to launch our own rockets instead of having to do it with NASA. I hope soon we will become one of the bigger space agencies. This is also good because it opens up more jobs for people who don’t have one.

4. i think yes because we should have our own satel lights not having to rely on other countries.

5. I think Australia should have its own space agency because they will be able to control the space missions and instead of studying with other countries/without a space agency we will be able to make our own discoveries. But there is however a concern about spending the money. It said in the video that the government would be spending millions of dollars on creating this space agency forty one million dollars to be exact and by actually putting this plan into action they would be spending a lot more money than I would have expected but I however do believe we should have our own space operations. Some people may be saying that nasa is has quite the attention and is one of the largest space agency’s so now I think Australia needs to also be well known for its agency which is why I am suggesting that we create our own.

6. I think that Australia should have their own space station because people are interested so that they can research and explore what happens out in space. This will then mean more opportunities for more people and I think that it would be pretty exciting for Australia to launch their first ever rocket into space. Considering that Brazil, South Africa, Korea, Thailand, Paraguay, Uruguay, Romania, Poland, Spain, Greece, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan have one. I also think that the name is good because that we know that this space station will belong to Australia.

7. I think that it is very important for Australia to have its own space agency because this will create more jobs for Australians which will benefit all of us. This will encourage other countries to invest their money in Australia which will help us grow.
    It also means that Australia has a greater chance of discovering more information about our solar system and other galaxies.

8. I think its a great idea to have our own Australian space agency because so that the other space agencies like Nasa won’t be able to take all the credit for our work. Also because other smaller counties already have a space agency, so why shouldn’t we? I think its a GREAT idea, but also, why not sooner? And I like the name, ‘Australian Space Agency’, nice and simple or for short ‘ASA’.

9. I think that it is one hundred percent important that we have a space agency here in Australia because America and all of these other countries have a space agency, why shouldn’t we? This would be great because it would give some Australians a job and money to live on.

10. I think Australia should have is’t own space station, because it is good for Australia’s reputation. If we build a space station in Australia we will not have to be relying on other countries information. We can find our own information and if we don’t agree with other countries information, we can look at it closely our self instead of just talking about it. Australia can build a space center for tourists and local families to learn about space. The space center can be filled with artifacts, lots of information. The Australian space center would earn lots of money. If/when Australia makes it’s space station it can use the newest technology to find many more things about our solar system. Australian’s will get very excited about what is going to happen in the space world.

11. I think that Australia should not have a space agency because the money could be spent in other areas and we should leave all the space stuff up to the other country because there bigger (e.g. USA Russia and china) and have more experience with space.

12. I think it’s great that Australia is building a space agency,this could really boost the amount of Aussie jobs.This could really improve the weather predictions and possible tell Australians more about climate change.

13. I think it is a good idea that we are thinking about having our own space agency because we don’t always need to follow the lead of England. It’s nice to think that there might be a Australian Space Agency that can send Australian astronauts into space in the future.

14. I think that Australia should have their own space station because people are interested and that they would be able to research what happens in space. I also think that it will be cool having our own space agency.

15. I think it is important that Australia has it’s own space agency. This will give Australia the opportunities and capabilities that countries, such as America and China, have to explore space and make groundbreaking discoveries. Other positives include drawing Australian space experts back to their home countries as they have great minds. This association will create jobs and create a pathway for young space-bound students.

16. i think it would be great to have our own space station the Aussies have give so much help to other countries, i think its time do do something for our selves and i think its great that Australia is putting a bit of money into it why not.

17. I think that we should have our own space agency because more jobs will be created for people and more more money into the country. It will give the younger Australians a chance to go into space.
    Research can help us understand how space can effect our country and maybe can improve our future.

18. I think that it is awesome that we are developing an Australian Space Agency. There will be more jobs open to Aussie’s that do not have jobs. It is good for Australia to be part of the exploration and good for kids to grow up wanting to be an Aussienaut!!

19. Yes, I do think it is important that Australia has it’s own space agency because lots of other country s have one so why shouldn’t we? Aso it will help us learn and we might be able to launch our own satellites!
    If Australia has it’s own space agency, I believe a lot of good will come!!

20. I think Australia deserves a space agency so we don’t have to rellie on other countries to do this for us because Australia is big enough to hold a space agency and I think they should put the space agency in Queensland and ASA sounds good to me what about a logo and I think space can hold enough satellites to hold every country

21. I think it’s a great idea that Australia should get our own space station. This means that we can develop things that other space stations have not discovered. We will also not be relying on other space stations information like from NASA. This will also open up jobs for so many people who are interested in space. I think having a Australian space station is an amazing idea!

22. I think that it would be a great idea to have our own space station but in the video they said that it would cost about 41 million dollars and that’s a lot for the Australian Government to afford. It would be good to have our own space agency so that we don’t have to rely on other countries to do space things for us like putting satellites in space as said in the video.

23. I believe it is really great Australia is having its own space agency. This will supply more jobs for the growing population of Australia. We will not have to rely on other countries space agency’s like NASA for reports on space. I think this is a great idea and can’t wait to hear reports from our new space agency.

24. I think it is definitely time that Australia get’s it’s own space agency instead of us helping out NASA. We will finally be able to have our own satellites and maybe one day we can put an Aussie into out of space. my only concern is that 41 million dollars is a lot of money.

25. I think Australia should have its own space agency for the following reasons.

We could team up with other big space agencies like NASA, the European Space Agency, Roscosmos, The Japanese Space Agency, Indian Space Research Organisation and The Chinese National Space Agency. Why you may ask? You know how people have thought about going to Mars, well if those big space agencies team up and work together we could even be part of the mission to send people to Mars.

We could learn more about what is going on in space. Imagine what we could achieve! We could find out more about planets and what goes on in our solar system, we could find out more ways on how planets do form. The possibilities are endless.

Space is big business, but the reason we are not part of it is because we donโ€™t have our own space agency, if we do it could bring more jobs, more money and more prestige. We will have more opportunities so we can make more aussie research and discoveries. It will also keep our space experts and engineers working in Australia.

26. I think it is very important that Australia has a space agency as most other countries have their own one. Now we don’t have to help out with NASA. Having our own space agency will increase work opportunities and income. Overall I think it’s a huge step for Australia and am very excited to hear about all of the new space news.

27. I think it is important that our country has its own space agency so that our experts and engineers can work in Australia and don’t have to go to other country’s to do their job. It also means that Australians can have their own satellites and don’t have to rely on other country’s rockets.

28. I think that Australia should its space Agency. Lots of countries have space agencies like NASA (America) ESA (Europe) Roscommon ( Russia) Jaxa (Japan) just name a few.
    If we do have a space agency it will be create more jobs, which will be good for our country.
    It will also mean, that Australia could have its own satellites. It will also mean Australia can make its own discoveries as Australia works a lot with other space agency’s.
    It will also mean other space experts will stay in Australia instead of going overseas.

29. I think it is important that Australia has its own space agency because having a space agency will create more jobs in Australia. Australia already does amazing space science, but having our own space agency would provide more research opportunities for Australian scientists to better study the Earth and other plants and improve current technologies.

An Australian space agency will also allow Australia to work more with other countries in joint space missions.

30. i think it is pretty important for Australia to have its very own space agency because so that we have own and we don’t have to work with NASA and we can learn more about space by our selfs and this gives more people jobs. But having our own space agency will cost a lot and might take a long time it all depends on the government and if they are interested in space. But i still think this is a good idea.

31. I think it would be great if Australia got their very own space agency but 41 million dollars is a lot and the government might not be able to afford it. It would be good because we could discover and achieve a lot more instead of relying on other space agencies in other countries. We could also eventually send some Aussie astronauts into space and get a closer look into things. It could open up a lot more job opportunities for those who are interested in space. I think it would be great to have our own agency and i’m very exited to hear more about it.

32. I think that it’s great for Australia to have its own space agency. I think that it’s important that Australia’s achievements are recognized by the world and if we had our own space station it would really help to show the world how amazing our country is!

33. I think that it’s great for Australia to have its own space agency. I think that it’s important that Australia’s achievements are recognized by the world and if we had our own space station it would really help to show the world how amazing our country is to everyone!

34. i think it would be really good for Australia to have its own space station. for the government and for our country to know way more about space and the planets and the stars. a space station would even help education for schools and adults and even though it could take some time it would be a great thing to have, even Thailand has its own space station and then almost every other country has one its so not far. but that is why i think we should have one it would make more jobs for people that get stuck in life or get really interested and lots of people want to be an Aussienaut and have a wonderful job in the space station, i think it should either be in Canberra the capital of Australia or some were in the dessert away from everything around about ayes rock. ๐Ÿ˜‰

35. I think we should have our own space station in Australia because, it will create more jobs, we would be able to control our own space missions, which would provide more money and prestige in our country. We would also be able to lunch our own satellites and keep our space experts in Australia.

36. I think that Australia should launch their own space agency because it would be a good chance for young Australians to explore and discover space. Australia has achieved a lot and to add a space station to that could mean we could be the first people to land on mars!

37. I think it is great that we don’t have to rely on NASA “Americas space agency” and we can start doing things on our own and yeah.

38. I think that Australia should have its own space agency because we can find our own information and not have to rely on other countries and it would definitely leave a good remark on our country. It would also be really good to have one in Australia because people can expand their knowledge on space and look in what happens in a space agency because I definitely know I want to!

39. I think that Australia should have a space agency because it gives Australians more opportunities to learn about space, there maybe resources, minerals or even life that we can discover and learn about. It also might persuade people in Australia to be more interested and aware and research one of the mysterious wonders of the world! Also Australia will be known for having a space station and succeeding in such an interesting a different topic.

Also if they were to put a space station in they should put it in NSW, because NSW was the first state in Australia to capture those famous words ”One small step for man, on giant leap for man kind” on tape and announce it to the world.

40. I think It would be amazing if we had our own space agency. I think it would be a good idea to have our own because it would help the other countries and our country send more humans to space. And with more scientists researching about space, the more safe us humans become. We will be ready for anything

41. I think that it is/isn’t important to have an Australian space agency because first of all the Australian government will have to keep on talking to NASA about what’s happening and relying on them to look into what’s happening outside of the world in space. But it will create much more jobs for people in the future. But on the other hand it would cost MILLIONS of DOLLARS which will make a huge impact on the government and especially the treasurer.

42. I think Australia should have its own space agency because they could be apart of space events. It would also be easier for other countries as well because they could help send more people up into space !