Here is a little experiment you may be interested in having a go with at home. Make sure you discuss it with your parents first! If you try this experiment, let us know in the comment section how you go! And if you can – send Mr C photos/videos to add to the blog.
- Cooking oil
- Food colouring
- Small jar
- Large, wide-mouthed jar
- Pour approximately a half-cup of cooking oil into the small jar.
- Add about ten droplets of food colouring to the oil. Use multiple colours and be careful not to overdo it!
- Whisk the food colouring and oil mixture with a fork until the droplets are very small.
- Fill the large jar partway with water.
- Pour the oil mixture into the water.
- Be patient and watch what unfolds.