- Michael: What’s your favourite colour?
- Fabian: Green.
- Michael: What’s your favourite food/drink?
- Fabian: Orange juice.
- Michael: What’s your favourite TV show?
- Fabian: Mystery Diners.
- 100 grams of softened butter
- 100 grams of self-raising flour
- 100 grams of caster sugar
- 1 zest of lemon
- 2 medium eggs
- Step 1: Beat together sugar and butter until fluffy then mix in the lemon zest.
- Step 2: Gradually add eggs to the mixer one at a time.
- Step 3: Carefully fold in flour.
- Step 4: Spoon one and a half tablespoons of mixture into paper cupcakes. (optional sprinkles).
- Step 5: bake at 180º C for 15 – 20 minutes. Check after around 10 minutes.
Hi my name is Michael, this week I am in charge of selecting a ‘Blog Buddy Post of the Week’.
I have selected the Year 5/6 blog from Holy Family Catholic School in South Australia and they have been investigating optical illusions and they look amazing.
Click on the link to check it out!
This term in 5/6H we are doing lit circles. What are Lit Circles? Lit Circles is when a group of 6-7 people in your class read the same book. Each week you do a task for your book that you are reading. These are the tasks that we do in 5/6H:
Discussion Director- The person who leads the group and asks questions.
Illustrator- The person who draws something about a part in the book.
Vocabulary Enricher- Is the person who finds different words in the book that they find challenging and they have to write the description of it and tell the group.
Connector- Is the person who finds connections about the book and shares it with the group.
Travel Tracer- Is the person that finds out where the people in the book go.
The book that I am reading for my Lit Circles is called Mitch 2 Sue. The task that I did last week was Illustrator. This is my work.
I hope you like.
This term in 5/6 Kate Wilde has come to talk to us about asylum seekers, refugees, migrants and more. She has talked to us about this because it is a part of our inquiry topic! In 5/6 H we have made art pieces about asylum seekers and we are going to share them with you in an art show in week 8 or 9. You are welcome to come along and check out our work.