Hello, footy tippers.
Here are the results from round one:
DON’T FORGET TO PUT YOUR ROUND 2 TIPS IN BY THURSDAY!!!
Hi everyone, my name is Oscar and I am one of this week’s junior scientists.This is a science experiment I call How to make pepper jump?
This is a quick and easy experiment that is fun and will wow your friends. Remember to have parent supervision.
- A plate or bowl
- A balloon ( It doesn’t have to be helium)
- Get out your plate or bowl and place it on the table.
- Scatter your salt and pepper across the plate. Make sure that the salt and pepper are mixed together.
- Rub the balloon quickly against your head back and forth.
- Blow up your balloon, if it is not already blown up and aim it over the pepper. Make sure it hovers over the ingredients, no touching them.
- Watch. If you have done it properly, the pepper should be jumping up and sticking to the balloon.
When you rub the balloon on your hair the friction caused by the hair and the balloon rubbing against each other causes the electrons from your hair to transfer to the balloon. This gives the balloon a negative charge. When you hold the balloon over the plate of pepper and salt, the pepper stuck to the balloon because the pepper has protons and a positive charge. Just like with magnets…opposites attract. The salt did not jump because salt is much heavier than pepper. Here is progressive photos below of me doing the experiment.
What would the world be like without iPhones?
No contacting anyone, no knowledge of the outside world.Think about it, social media would have never been invented and there would be no entertainment what so ever. It is one of the most powerful devices the world has to offer, and over 1 billion have been produced and sold since it came on the market in 2007. It is literally a computer in your pocket, and we would all be lost if we didn’t have one in the modern world today.
What do you think? Do you agree with me?
Leave a comment in the comment section.
Hi everyone, I’m Oscar and I am very excited to be this week’s Junior Chef! The recipe I am using is for some tasty sausage rolls.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease oven tray and line with baking paper.
- Combine sausage mince with grated carrot, zucchini, onion, oregano and tomato sauce in 1 large bowl, while mixing together by hand.
- Defrost pastry and cut each piece in half.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown and cooked well through.