Thanks to Cecilia (3/4BM) for being this week’s ‘Junior Chef’.
Hello, everyone, I hope you are having a great holiday. I am this week’s “Junior Chef!” I am making some yummy Frozen Green Pond Scum Punch from the book, “Welcome To Wonderland Home Sweet Motel”. I hope you enjoy!
For the punch you will need:
- 8 cups lime sherbet
- 2 litres of ginger ale
- Gummy worms (or bugs)
- Vanilla Ice cream
Instructions for the punch:
- Scoop the sherbet into a clear punch bowl.
- Measure out the ginger ale then pour it into the bowl.
- Put the ice cream in.
- Float the gummy worms on top.
- Separate the punch into as many cups as you need.
- If you want you can make more sherbet and sprinkle on top.
For the sherbet you will need:
- 3 tsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp lime jelly crystals
- 1 tsp citric acid
Instructions for sherbet:
- Put the icing sugar in a medium bowl
- Put the jelly crystals into the bowl
- Put the citric acid into the bowl
I hope you enjoy!
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream (Canned works best!)
- Any type of chocolate, lollies, biscuits and sweets (your favourites)
- Flavoured topping (I used strawberry)
- Cadbury Melts
- Flake (optional)
- 100 grams of softened butter
- 100 grams of self-raising flour
- 100 grams of caster sugar
- 1 zest of lemon
- 2 medium eggs
- Step 1: Beat together sugar and butter until fluffy then mix in the lemon zest.
- Step 2: Gradually add eggs to the mixer one at a time.
- Step 3: Carefully fold in flour.
- Step 4: Spoon one and a half tablespoons of mixture into paper cupcakes. (optional sprinkles).
- Step 5: bake at 180º C for 15 – 20 minutes. Check after around 10 minutes.
- 100g dark chocolate (grated)
- 130g table butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of nuts of your choice (optional)
- Preheat the one at 180 Celsius
- Prepare a double boiler and melt the dark chocolate and the butter in it
- Take the chocolate and butter off the double boiler and add vanilla essence and sugar to it, mix well.
- Now add the flour and the baking powder and mix till it’s hard.
- Add milk and mix till it loosens up’s a little bit and then add the nuts
- Take a silicone mould and put the batter in it. bake for about 30-35 minutes.
250g softened butter
1 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
2/3 cup milk
Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease and line an 8cm-deep, 19cm (base) square cake pan with baking paper.
Step 2Using an electric mixer, cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
Step 3Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to combine. Add half the flour. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
Step 4Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Decorate however you like, then serve.
- Make sure you wash your hands
- Clean up any mess you make
- Be careful using the oven (get an adults help)
You will need……
Hi, my name is Alyssa and I am this week’s, “Junior Chef”. Do you want to eat something AMAZING? Well, here is the best WAFFLE recipe ever!
I am going to make an Apple Crumble. Don’t forget to wash your hands!
- 800g can of apples
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 60g butter
- 125g plain flour
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Get an oven proof dish and mix the fruit into the dish – you can mix other fruit like berries too.
- Combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Chop butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture until the butter disintegrates between your fingers and is blended and crumbly.
- Top the fruit with the flour mixture until it is evenly spread.
- Put into the oven for 20 min or more if needed.
- You can add cream, ice cream or yoghurt!
- Then ENJOY!
Apple and Rhubarb Crumble
Hi, my name is Ethan and I am this week’s “Junior Chef”. Today I will be sharing a recipe for Apple and Rhubarb Crumble.
- 3 peeled green apples
- 1\4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tea spoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bunch of rhubarb chopped up
- 1 cup of frozen raspberry’s
- 80g butter chopped
- 1\2 cup of brown sugar
- 1\2 plain flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of corn flakes lightly crushed
- 1\4 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 table spoons of flaked almonds
Step 1: Preheat oven to 180 c. Cut up all of the apples and place them in a saucepan with the caster sugar, cinnamon and 1 table spoon of water on medium heat stir for 5 minutes while cooking then add the rhubarb when it is soft stop the heat and stir in the raspberries transfer the mixture to a 2L oven proof dish.
Step 2: place butter, brown sugar and flour into a bowl. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour mixture. Add oats corn flakes coconut and almonds stir to combine. put it on top of the apple mixture and put it in the oven let it bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown like in my photo. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well here is a recipe for the most delicious Choc Chip cookies EVER!
This week I’m making Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I hope you all enjoy this great recipe.
- 8 tablespoon of salted butter
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour + additional flour as needed (I usually add 1-2 tablespoons more!)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 12 heaping teaspoons Nutella
I’m this week’s “Junior Chef”.
Below is the recipe of how to make super yummy 🥞 Pancakes!
Here is a video of me decorating my pancake!
Hi my name is Anthony,
This week I am your junior chef. I made Chocolate muffins topped with Popping Candy. I hope you enjoy my creation!
Hi everyone, my name is Yajat and I am this week’s Junior Chef. I have made some Protein Balls, hope you all enjoy this fun and delicious recipe.
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of dried berries
- Desiccated coconut
- Melt the chocolate chips on a stove, add the milk and put in the fridge to rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the oats, the dried berries and the combination of milk and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Roll medium size balls into the desiccated coconut and ENJOY!
Hi my name is Keira and I am this week’s junior chef.
I made S’mores Cupcakes from the “American Girl Cookbook”. Here is how you make it:
Hi everyone, I’m Oscar and I am very excited to be this week’s Junior Chef! The recipe I am using is for some tasty sausage rolls.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease oven tray and line with baking paper.
- Combine sausage mince with grated carrot, zucchini, onion, oregano and tomato sauce in 1 large bowl, while mixing together by hand.
- Defrost pastry and cut each piece in half.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown and cooked well through.
Hi, everyone, I am Danielle and I am this week’s Junior Chef and this week I have made Rum Balls I hope you enjoy this fun and delicious recipe.
You will need …
-400g tin condensed milk
-250g of Marie biscuits
-3 cups of desiccated coconut
-1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1. Crush Marie biscuits until powdery
2. Place biscuits, condensed milk, 1 tablespoon of coconut and cocoa powder in a bowl and mix
3. Roll medium size balls into remaining coconut and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
Hello everyone, I am this week’s Junior Chef ! I am so excited to be the first junior chef for the year. The recipe I decided to share with you is a recipe for Caramel Popcorn.
1. In a saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup over medium heat. Bring to the boil and let it cook for a further 3 minutes.
2. Take the mixture off the heat add the water and stir. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes and add the cream.
3. Pop your popcorn and place it onto the tray. Drizzle on the caramel and enjoy. (caramel doesn’t harden)
Remember to get an adult to help and that you are supervised by an adult