50 thoughts on “BTN Home Learning Task- Pokemon Go!

1. My personal opinion on the new game Pokemon Go, is that absolutely no one should be playing it!

Think about the dangers and the risks you would take. You could commit an invasion of privacy, get lost or even bump into a very expensive vehicle. I do not know why everyone says they like this amazing game, well I say it is a terrible invention.

Not everyone would agree but I personally don’t like this new virtual reality game.

• I agree with Angie 100%. This game is dangerous why can’t people put down their phones and go read a book or enjoy the outdoors, saying this I do not mean with your ELECTRICAL OBJECTS!!

• I TOTALLY agree with Angie !
      there is some many dangers with playing Pokemon not just with Pokemon players but when you walk onto the road there is many dangers when your driving as well you don’t want to hurt anyone.

• I agree with Angie because when you’re playing the game you’re not paying any attention to where you’re going! But there is a lot of dangers playing the game.

• I totally agree Angie. I find that Pokemon Go is way to risky and dangerous. Also has anyone seen the news stories about what’s been happening to Pokemon Go users? Also seeing pictures of some of those ‘Pokemon Monsters’ is really scary, they give me the creeps.

2. I think Pokemon Go is a really cool game because it’s in REAL LIFE!! (But on a screen). It’s also a good game if you are a person who doesn’t get much exercise because it will get your body moving. But if you are playing it you have to keep an eye out were you’re going. I don’t have the game but my brother does and I have played it a few times with him and it’s pretty cool! 🙂

• I totally agree with Angelica, I think Pokémon Go is great. Plus it gets people who don’t do much exercise to get up and do some. My brother has the game and he said, you don’t actually have to be looking at the screen to find the Pokémon. If you put your divisive in your pocket it will vibrate if a Pokémon is near you, so there for Pokémon Go isn’t that dangerous.

3. I think Pokemon Go is a really cool game because it’s in REAL LIFE!! (But on a screen). It’s also a good game if you are a person who doesn’t get much exercise because it will get your body moving. But if you are playing it you have to keep an eye out were you’re going. I don’t have the game but my brother does and I have played it a few times with him and it’s pretty cool!! 🙂

4. I think Pokémon Go is a great game everyone can get out and walk around. I know a lot of people have got to nearly got injured or jumped off a cliff for a Pokémon but some people are sensible, like if they see a Pokémon off a cliff they wouldn’t just jump off it to get the Pokémon. 🙂

5. I love Pokemon but this app is CRAZY right like people need to get a life.I think that the technology category is unreal how they managed to do that but its just mental.I think it can also be quite dangerous because it uses location and weirdos try to track people down.I give the app a 5/10

6. In my opinion I think that it is dangerous because I have heard stories on the news about people almost getting run over. It is good that people go outside and get fresh air, but I think people should do that without the app.

• I agree with oliver…
      It’s looks like a great game and you don’t see many video games like this. most video games, you just sit down and do nothing.

7. I think it is a good way to meet new people and exercise because your having fun and doing good to your help

8. I think that “Pokemon Go” should not be existed because many people have died from that and it’s been a trouble between kids and how the are obsessed with it.
    Pokemon Go has gone crazy around the world because it’s the first example of a entirely new type of game.
    Some scientist say that because people are addicted to Pokemon Go they don’t know where they are going and could get injured or hurt.
    I strongly believe that Pokemon Go is a really bad game especially when you are playing at night when it’s dark, can’t see where you are going and even going into unfamiliar and dangerous areas.
    🙂 🙂 🙁 🙂 🙂

9. I think Pokemon Go is a great video game for getting you active and together with others but there are some risks. The main thing I’m concerned about is that the game uses GPS. That means that the creators of the game know your location and if something goes wrong with the system hackers can find out where you have been going. Also a bunch of criminals are luring Pokemon Go players and robbing them using Pokemon Lures.

• I agree with Hayden.It sounds like a fun game but is also very dangerous. Some people get distracted and can injure themselves. It’s okay to play, but just don’t get distracted!

• I agree with Alyssa. It is ok to have you just should just watch where you are going and don’t play while you are driving or in the car because you could put others or yourself in risk.

10. I honestly not a fan of the game, People should see whats around them except for on a phone. Pokemon is a very famous childhood game to most adults so I can see why they would play it though. I’m a fan of how they are making video games more ‘Virtual’ and more game styles. Pokemon go is good for some opinions but not a lot. The thing that kinda makes me worried is that it uses GPS. It turns it on and others could see. But not to say its funny when seeing Idiots trying to run in the park just for a Pokemon xD. Apparently its now normal to see that sort of thing. I think Pokemon go is a good game but In health wise its not good. (Though its good to see people getting outside for a change).

11. I think that Pokemon Go is a bad app. People are saying that it’s good because you get exercise, but it just makes it worse! Going on a walk just to be on your phone?! Also, many people have been so addicted that they almost get hit by a car or a bus because they haven’t been paying attention on the roads. Overall, I think that it’s just a bad idea.

12. I think Pokemon Go is a great game, its fun and gets you to exercise. Though only the people who are addicted get hit by cars and stuff etc. So just watch where your going.

• I agree with George it is a good game but you have to watch where you are going because it can be dangerous. As long as you are aware you will be fine anyway the majority of players are fine.

13. I think it is a good app because you can go for a walk to find Pokemon but people should be going for a walk to excursive and you shouldn’t be going for a walk on your phone.

14. In my opinion I think “Pokemon Go” is a terrible app. It is a dangerous and could possibly be life threatening. I know that people say it is good exercise but I disagree because you are still on technology. In conclusion I think that “Pokemon Go” is a dangerous and not a great app.

15. Getting exercise, meeting new people or catching up with new friends, these are all great things, aren’t they? Well in my opinion, yes, I say they are. When we think about it, Pokemon Go encourages all of these. All I can do is give credit to the technology involved. On the other side, I can see why people don’t like it. There are people wandering into each others gardens, people crashing cars, and of course, just in general, being a little bit too addictive……….
    So, do I like Pokemon Go? I really don’t know, because I can see both sides.

16. Getting exercise, meeting new people or catching up with new friends, these are all great things, aren’t they? Well in my opinion, yes, I say they are. When we think about it, Pokemon Go encourages all of these. All I can do is give credit to the technology involved. On the other side, I can see why people don’t like it. There are people wandering into each others gardens, people crashing cars, and of course, just in general, being a little bit too addictive……….

17. I think you should have a choice to play Pokemon go. I don’t play it and my family doesn’t play it. I would rather play with friends and neighbours, and walk to my local park. I think there should be an age limit for you to download Pokemon go just for safety. I can’t believe 30,000,000 people have downloaded and are playing it. I think that people who are playing Pokemon go aren’t socializing, getting fit and playing with their friends because there just looking on a screen. I think people need to be more aware of their surroundings.

18. I agree with George it’s a decent game and it gets you a lot of exercise but you have to check where you are going :3 and David i bet George will beat your pokemon

19. I think this is a good game and a bad. It’s good because it makes you fit and stronger. It is bad because it is dangerous and you don’t focus on things around you. You foces on the game.

20. I don’t believe Pokemon go is a good game at all.
    I have heard many stories of people who are absseced with the game and hurt themselves or others around them. One story actually happend to me. While I was walking in a shopping centre an elderly woman walked straight into me and didn’t say sorry! When I asked her if she was playing Pokemon go she said yes! I have heard other stories of people walking into poles and others having car accidents and many more stories that can fill up the whole blog.
    Also although you walk outside more you are looking at your screen instead of the beautiful animals,nature and cars. This is why you shouldn’t get Pokemon go

21. I think Pokemon go is very dangerous because you might not be looking where you are going and then you can really hurt yourself. If you are going for a walk,why take your phone when you can take on the beautiful environment we have? I think Pokemon go is useless, dangerous and anti-social.

22. I think that Pokemon go is defiantly and improvement! Most games are not interactive and people have their heads buried in technology inside. Pokemon is an interactive game. You can go outside and find them with people, but their are Pokemon’s in peoples houses and that’s not OK!

23. I think Pokemon go is a good game but people don’t always use it properly and they don’t pay attention to there surroundings and if they going on to a busy road and to me if I saw someone playing Pokemon go during the night I’d advise them to play during the day

24. I have mixed opinions on Pokemon Go! I think lots of people have downloaded Pokemon Go is because it is a different game to what you usually play and find on the App Store. In my opinion I believe a good conversation is much more nourishing for the soul. Good luck to all of the Pokemon HUNTERS!!😂😂

25. My belief on Pokemon Go has positives and negatives. The positive side is that more people around the world are getting their daily exercise. As it stated on the BTN clip one person walked 10 km. But the negative side to this game is that more and more people everyday are getting badly injured and hurt. Pokemon Go is a addictive game, as it said on the clip more people around the world have downloaded this game and now more people have it than Twitter.

26. In my opinion I think Pokemon go is the worst idea in the world, I know some people would say;
    “But it’s real life”
    I say this; many people have been killed by playing this game.
    “No but this game gets you to go outside and get fit”
    If you call walking into a pole and getting a concussion getting fit, your wrong. Anyway this is just my opinion don’t take it personally. I love being in the outdoors too but I don’t need to chase anything, other than my brothers.

27. I agree with Hayden yes Pokémon is a great to get fit and all of that but maybe people should stops tricking people and going into other peoples houses.

28. My opinion of Pokemon Go is that it’s good that people are walking and getting fresh air and socialising with others, but you’re still just looking at a screen for hours and hours! I also think that it’s good that they used augmented reallity because it gets people to focus on the world around them (even if a pokemon is in it!) If you are so addicted to Pokemon Go you might be looking for pokemons in places you shouldn’t be like on other peoples property, while you’re driving or crossing a road.

29. In my opinion i think that Pokemon Go is just a waste of time. I have seen news stories on how people have been injured and even killed just playing this game. I know that my brother plays this game but he would never jump off of a cliff just to get a good Pokemon. Honestly i don’t see the point. People thing that you will get more exercise and meet new people but you are still looking down at a screen! In conclusion i think that Pokemon Go is not a very good app.

30. I think that Pokémon Go is a great app and it gets people active and it makes people go outside . I think Pokémon Go is a great idea and it is the next step for the Pokémon series 🦄🦄

31. I think it is a great game.Just people need to pay attention to what there doing.So there are no more deths

32. In my opinion “Pokémon Go”. Is a great game, it has great way to find Pokémon because the way they made it , makes people go and move around to find the Pokémon, it will really help to decrease child obesity:),
    But… it needs the GPS to find Pokémon and some are afraid that people could easily find the location of where they are right now(SCARY:O) Also, some people that take it too seriously and don’t focus in the real world it could cause disaster and an accident!
    (So play safely and WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!!!!!)